List2pkg is an application that allows you to create Slackware packages in a simple way. More precisely, given a list of files, it will create a slackware package containing these files. A user trying to install that package will see the same files installed at the same locations they were on your system.
List2pkg is especially useful if you have installed a program from source and, knowing where all its files are, you want to create a slackware package to ease another installation.
List2pkg was originally created to create Slackware package using urpkg.
Here are some key features of "List2pkg":
· Let you create Slackware packages in a very simple way
· Pays special attention to file permission and ownership
· Can be used with urpkg to create Slackware packages from source tarballs.
· Fully documented
· Free and open-source software under the GNU Public License
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug in the doinst.sh creation
· Correctly handle the permission of the file system root (/)
Download List2pkg 1.2 Free
Tags: Slackware packages , build packages , software distribution , Slackware , package , builder ,
·, create slackware, slackware, create, files, package, slackware packages, slackware package, packages, create slackware packages, source, files create, way, list2pkg, simple, file, installed, same, permission, free, software, open-source, gnu, under, fully